March 19, 2012

Week 1 Complete

Yeah!

Well week 1 was a bit stressful (to say the least!) I managed to stick to my goals and all is well with the world!

Last week I did:
5 Turbo Fire workouts
a 2.5 mile river walk

While I had aimed at 6 TF workouts, Saturday night's was cancelled due to extra long family Skype sessions. I didn't mind one bit, and made it up by a nice long river walk the following morning with Matt.

While I wasn't thinking too consciously about my diet last week (just focusing on getting back to regular exercise), I do want to focus more on it this week.

My goals for this week:
-Turbo Fire as scheduled (6 nights)
-No calories from drinks (no soda, coffee with sugar/cream, juice, etc)
-Be conscious of what I am eating

Week 3 I will focus more on dieting as well.

It takes 4 straight weeks of something to make it routine, so I am going to mainly focus on exercise for the first 4 weeks, and then once I get going I will really start to concentrate on the diet. I know in the past that if I start out exercising a ton, keeping a food journal, calorie counting and taking out a lot of my favorite foods from my diet, that I tend to fail. Now I have 19 weeks to go, I can pace myself a little, start out with exercise and go from there.

Cheers to week 2! Now only if this weather would warm up, I am just itching for cherry blossoms and sunny hikes. This past weekend was crappy weather-wise, we couldn't even get a hike in.

Staying optimistic! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment