May 23, 2012

Inviting the Prez

It's no secret that I am very fond of our current president. Think what you want about whether or not he's done a good job, the man has overcome a lot of obstacles and is quite frankly amazing. He has been such an inspiration to me, and pictures of him with his family, pictures of him smiling and laughing with little kids, oh-my-god I can't help but smile and be happy myself. I saw him speak in Bangor when I was up at the University of Maine in 2008 when he was campaigning. I met (and shook hands with) Hillary Clinton on the same day as well, but just being in the same room as Obama made my head spin. The amount of positive energy coming from that crowd and that man you could almost reach out and grab.

So of course it's natural that I invite him to my wedding ^^

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, please!

 I heard that if you send a wedding invitation to the president, the secretary's office that deals with letters will mail you back a congratulation letter. Yip Yip!

Now if he'd only take some time out of his busy schedule to head up to Maine with the fam, that would be awesome sauce, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dani! I totally forgot about this blog until I found an old e-mail from you. Sorry!! No wonder you're so busy. In addition to teaching and working on after school craft projects for your wedding, you're constantly updating this blog! I'm having fun reading up on your old posts. Your colour palette is gorgeous. I do like the casablanca blue a bit better than the other blue (it's softer, which goes well with a summer wedding). My bridesmaid dress was shipped a while ago to my friends' place in Boston. She should hopefully ship it soon so that I can take photos in it when I get back to Canada in 2 weeks.

    Heather seems like the best sister-in-law-to-be ever! I feel bad that I haven't done a thing to help out with your wedding! If there's anything I can do from Canada, please let me know! :)

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete