June 01, 2012

Creative Fun

I love how every wedding is different, depending on the direction the bride and groom want to take. Some couples focus on lots of tradition, and so the wedding is focused on dances and cake cutting and any cultural customs. Other couples focus on a theme, designing a modern, or vintage, or victorian style wedding. Other couples tend to focus on the simplicity of a wedding ceremony, while others go elaborate. Some weddings are causal, some are black tie. I am so thankful that where I grew up (America), every wedding is truly different, and that even if you attend a wedding every weekend for a summer, you won't be experiencing the same thing twice.

I think if I were to categorize Matt and my wedding, I would say that it is focused on us as a couple, and the crafts, projects and little touches that we're putting into our special day that speak to us and are unique to our situation.

Here is an example of one of the small projects we're doing to add a little personal touch to the reception:


I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but our tables are not going to be numbered but instead are going to be places we've traveled together. We're going to print the guest seating tags and hang them from twine near the entrance to the tent.At each table is going to be a picture of us at that specific place A few weeks ago, Matt and I came up with the idea to create little icons as well, to use on the tags. Do we need them? Heck no. It's definitely not a "must do" project, but in fact I've had a lot of fun with this. It has allowed me to get in touch with my creative/artistic side. It's not much, but it has been so therapeutic drawing these! We came up with 19 icons to represent each place. Can you guess which places these icons represent??

I am almost finished the 19th icon, now I just have to scan, adjust the colors, and make mock-up tags!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment