July 13, 2012

Today's Happy Maker

I walked into one of my small, low level classes today to be handed a wedding gift from all of students:


It's a bag full of beautiful cranes, in a few different sizes and tons of patterns. How SWEET! Everyone knows I am was folding cranes for the wedding, so this class thought it would be sweet to make some as a gift.

While I obviously can't use them with the rest of the blues, I was thinking of putting them in a bowl and displaying them somewhere...whether it's at the wedding, or at the rehearsal dinner, etc.

Here they are:


Don't be deceived by their lack of smiles, Koreans are very shy and REALLY don't like the camera. These kids are very friendly (despite not being able to communicate a lot with me) and are always all smiles and giggles. You get them in front of a camera, though, and they shut down! It makes all of my pictures of my kids look like they hate their lives, haha. I promise that's not the reality!

As you can see, one goober is holding the cranes in the back (although I heard from the girls that the boys were wicked lazy and didn't help much, haha).

This was a great way to walk into class this morning! My Friday afternoon, though, turned out to be pretty terrible. I went home to have lunch (like usual) and after eating a pre-made chicken caesar salad I started to feel pretty terrible. I made it back to school though, only to feel worse and worse. I sucked it up and went to my last class of the day, only to start shaking and sweating profusely. Then, right in the middle of class (as I was reading aloud big numbers for BINGO), I excused myself and ran to the bathroom. Luckily I made it before throwing up, UGH. Guess I had a little bout of food poisoning, but I am feeling ok now. It was probably the chicken, but who knows.

Too much information, probably, but there you have my Friday!

Bring on the weekend. We have a new list of things to get done for the wedding, mostly emails and confirmations and little things like this. We should be printing out the ceremony programs though and will be cutting them here as well so they'll be ready to make at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment